These chocolate and Nutella strawberry bites are filled with whipped cream and topped with crushed graham crackers for the ultimate easy dessert bites! They’re simple enough to enjoy at home, but cute enough for a party or gathering.
You’ve probably heard of chocolate covered strawberries, but these are on a whole new level! Hazelnut flavor (from the Nutella) is a delicious and easy addition, and you can switch up your filling and/or toppings however you like. (I’ve included some ideas below!).
Nutella Covered Strawberries
These sweet bites are especially perfect for spring and summer, when strawberries are in season. But, they can be enjoyed year-round (as long as you can find good strawberries), and are perfect for any occasion.
The smooth melted chocolate pairs so well with hazelnut spread (like in these mini chocolate Nutella tarts). Not to mention the ripe strawberry, whipped cream, and graham crackers, too!
With no cooking required (other than melting chocolate in the microwave), these are super easy to make. The “hardest” part is just decorating them. And personally, I find that part fun. 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need for these Nutella strawberry bites:
- strawberries: Strawberries are ripe when they’re bright red, with no visible bruising. Strawberries don’t last very long once picked, so I recommend buying them the same day (or as close as possible) that you’re planning to eat them, to be safe. I don’t recommend using frozen strawberries here, even if they’re thawed, as they’ll have too much moisture.
- chocolate chips: I used dark chocolate chips, but you can use semisweet or even milk chocolate if you want! You can also use a high-quality chocolate bar instead – just chop it up before melting.
- Nutella/hazelnut spread: Nutella is a smooth and creamy chocolate hazelnut spread. It gets stirred into the melted chocolate here, which helps it solidify somewhat once it cools. (Here are more easy Nutella desserts to try!)
- whipped cream: I scooped out my strawberries a bit and filled them with whipped cream, but this part is totally optional. Really, you can fill them with anything you like, such as marshmallow creme or no bake cheesecake filling!
- graham crackers: I love the honey graham flavor of graham crackers mixed with these chocolate Nutella covered strawberries. But again, you can leave this out, or use another type of cookie or chopped nut.
If you have leftover strawberries, you might want to try these strawberry oreo cheesecake parfaits or this strawberry mascarpone dip! These strawberry white chocolate cheesecake bars are also delicious.
How to Make Nutella Strawberry Bites
First, set up your decoration station (yep, that was a nerdy rhyme and I won’t apologize for it 😉 ). Grab a sheet pan and line it with wax paper or parchment paper.
Next, crush the graham crackers in a food processor or in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Pour them into a small bowl.
Then, prepare your strawberries. I sliced the bottoms off mine so they would stand up, but that’s optional. Using a small spoon or knife, cut a circle around the stem and leaves of each strawberry, making sure to slice down into the strawberry somewhat (but not all the way through). Basically, you’re cutting a cone shape out of the strawberries.
Using a piping bag or ziploc with the corner cut off, fill your strawberries with whipped cream (or your desired filling).
Now, it’s time to melt your chocolate. Microwave it at 50% power, until it’s just melted and smooth. Be sure to stir it every 30 seconds. Add the Nutella into the chocolate and stir to mix.
Then, dip the bottom of each strawberry partway in the chocolate Nutella mixture, making sure to allow the excess to drip off. Then, roll or dip it in the crushed graham crackers so they stick to the melted chocolate.
Place the strawberries on your parchment-lined sheet pan. Place the sheet pan in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate Nutella mixture is set. Lastly, add any additional toppings, and serve!
Store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. You can set them out on the counter a few minutes before serving to allow the chocolate/Nutella coating to soften a bit.
These are best enjoyed the day they are made, but they may last a day or two longer depending on how fresh the strawberries are.
Topping Ideas for Nutella Covered Strawberries
When it comes to flavor variations for these strawberry bites, the sky’s the limit! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fill the strawberries with marshmallow creme for a s’mores version
- Swap out the graham crackers for another type of crushed cookie, like Oreos or Biscoff cookies
- Fill the strawberries with a mixture of cream cheese, maple syrup, and a splash of vanilla extract for a cheesecake version (like the mixture in these strawberry oreo cheesecake cups)
- Swap out the graham crackers for crushed nuts, like hazelnuts or pecans
I’m convinced these are meant to be enjoyed all summer long, no matter the occasion. 🙂
If you make these Nutella covered strawberries, I’d love if you shared your thoughts with a rating and comment below!
Looking for more bite-sized treats and mini desserts? Check these out:
- Chocolate Avocado Truffles with Pecans
- Dark Chocolate Filled Raspberries with Coconut
- Biscoff Brownie Truffles (No Bake)
- Easy S’mores Truffles (4 Ingredients)
- Berry Coconut Tarts with Yogurt
Chocolate Nutella Strawberry Bites
- 1 lb strawberries (about 15-20 medium strawberries)
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp Nutella hazelnut spread
- 3 sheets graham crackers (optional)
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor or in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with wax or parchment paper. Slice the bottoms off your strawberries (so they stand up). Then, using a knife or small spoon, scoop or cut a cone shape out of the tops where the stem and leaves are. (This should allow some space for the filling. Be sure not to cut all the way through the strawberry!). Place the strawberries on the lined sheet pan.
- Use a piping bag or ziploc with the corner cut off to fill the strawberries with whipped cream (or other desired filling).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30-second intervals at 50% power, stirring between each interval, until just melted and smooth. Stir in the Nutella spread until combined.
- Dip the bottom of each strawberry in the chocolate Nutella mixture. Allow the excess to drip off. Then, roll or dip it in the crushed graham crackers to coat. Place the strawberries on the lined sheet pan and repeat until they're all coated.
- Chill in the refrigerator (on the sheet pan) for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate Nutella mixture is set. (You can enjoy them right away, but they’re easier to transport if they’re set.)
- Add any additional toppings, then serve!
- Strawberry S’mores Bites: fill the strawberries with marshmallow creme instead of whipped cream.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites: fill the strawberries with a mixture of softened cream cheese, maple syrup, and a splash of vanilla extract instead of whipped cream.
- Topping ideas: swap out the graham crackers for another type of crushed cookie, like Oreos or Biscoff cookies, or crushed nuts, like hazelnuts or pecans.