Looking for an easy Valentine’s Day dessert (or chocolatey treat for any occasion) that’s not quite so sugar-loaded, but still delicious? You’ll love these easy homemade chocolate yogurt parfaits. They come together in just 10 minutes!
Creamy Greek yogurt is mixed with cocoa powder and sweetened with maple syrup, then topped with a layer of raspberries (or any fruit you want!) and optional whipped cream. Chocolate shavings make an elegant topping, but you can add anything you like.
Healthy Chocolate Parfaits with Greek Yogurt
Here’s why you’ll love these healthy chocolate parfaits:
- They’re sweetened with maple syrup, so there’s no refined sugar (unless you add whipped cream).
- Easy to customize: you can use any berries or fruit you want! Strawberries would be delicious here, too.
- No baking or fancy equipment required.
- Super quick and easy – the recipe comes together in minutes.
- This chocolate dessert recipe uses healthy ingredients. You can eat these parfaits for breakfast!
- Perfect for special occasions like Valentine’s Day OR for casual nights in. Makes a great afternoon snack, too!
- Like chocolate mousse or chocolate pudding, but better for you!
You might also enjoy these Oreo yogurt parfaits (this recipe has a Halloween theme, but you can easily change the toppings for any occasion!).
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these healthy chocolate Greek yogurt parfaits:
- Plain Greek yogurt makes up the base of these parfaits. I recommend using full-fat (5% fat) yogurt for the best flavor and creamy texture. (If using vanilla Greek yogurt, omit the added vanilla extract in this recipe.)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder gives the yogurt its delicious chocolate flavor. You can use sweetened cocoa powder if you want the parfaits to taste sweeter.
- The chocolate yogurt layer is sweetened with pure maple syrup. (Don’t use pancake syrup, or maple-“flavored” syrup – it’s not the same, and would thin out the yogurt quite a bit.) Honey should also work here as a sweetener, but the flavor will be slightly different.
- I used raspberries for my fruit layers, but chopped strawberries or another fruit would work, too. Be sure to rinse and dry them first!
- Lastly, any toppings you want! I used whipped cream and shaved chocolate (from a dark chocolate bar). Crushed Oreos would be tasty, too!
How to Make Chocolate Yogurt Parfaits
Start by combining Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Next, spoon between 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup of the chocolate yogurt mixture into parfait jars or small glasses.
Then, thoroughly rinse your raspberries and pat them dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel. Add a layer on top of the chocolate mixture.
Add another layer of chocolate Greek yogurt and raspberries. Then, use a spoon or piping bag to add whipped cream on top (if using).
Lastly, sprinkle chocolate shavings or other toppings over the whipped cream. (For any toppings that might get soggy, wait to add those until just before you serve the parfaits.)
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or until you’re ready to enjoy the parfaits!
To store, keep the parfaits tightly covered (with plastic wrap or foil) in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve, up to 2 days.
To make this even further ahead of time, you can prepare the chocolate yogurt mixture and keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days before assembling the parfaits.
Chocolate Parfait Topping Ideas
Here are some fun ideas for topping your chocolate raspberry parfaits:
- crushed Oreos
- Nutella or peanut butter drizzle
- cocoa powder or espresso powder sifted on top
- shaved chocolate
- shredded coconut
Can I make this recipe dairy free?
Yes! Greek-style coconut yogurt (made with coconut milk) should work in this recipe.
If you make these chocolate Greek yogurt parfaits, I’d love if you shared your thoughts with a rating and comment below!
More dessert parfait recipes:
- Biscoff Tiramisu Cups with Yogurt
- Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake Cups
- Lemon Curd Parfaits with Berries
- Nutella Tiramisu Jars (Nutellamisu)
Chocolate Yogurt Parfaits with Raspberries
- 1¼ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz raspberries (washed and patted dry)
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate, shaved (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. (Use a fork or whisk first, then a spatula to make sure it’s mixed well.)
- Spoon equal amounts* of the chocolate yogurt mixture into your parfait glasses. Add a layer of raspberries on top.
- Continue layering until you have at least one additional layer of each type, depending on the size of your parfaits glasses.
- Cover the glasses tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!