Celebrate spooky season with these fun Halloween Oreo dirt cups! They’re no bake dessert parfaits with crushed Oreos and an easy homemade chocolate Greek yogurt mixture, topped with Halloween-inspired candy. There’s even an Oreo with a moon shape carved into the cream!
Instead of the typical chocolate pudding used for dirt cups, we’re using a Greek yogurt and cocoa powder mixture that’s sweetened with maple syrup. It’s a healthier, just as delicious alternative – and it means there’s no cooking required!
**Please note, some links on this page are affiliate links. If a purchase is made through an affiliate link, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full disclosure policy here. Thanks for your support!
Spooky Oreo Yogurt Parfaits
Who doesn’t love a good dirt cup?! They’ve been popular with kids and adults alike for decades, and it’s no surprise why. The fun way they look, the delicious way they taste – what’s not to love?
But this time, I wanted to make something a little different. Instead of the chocolate pudding (and sometimes whipped cream) that’s typically used, instead we’re using a mixture of Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. It’s just as tasty, but healthier! And it adds a light tangy flavor, too.
Plus, the crushed Oreos pair so well with the creamy, lightly chocolatey yogurt. It’s a perfect match!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these healthier dirt cups:
- Oreos: I used regular Oreos here, but you can use “Double Stuf” Oreos if you want!
- Greek yogurt: Full-fat Greek yogurt has the best thick and creamy texture. I use plain here, because then you can control how much flavor and sweetness you want to add.
- cocoa powder: This adds that delicious chocolatey flavor to the yogurt.
- maple syrup: To sweeten the yogurt mixture.
- vanilla extract: To enhance the flavors.
How to Make Halloween Oreo Cups
Start by preparing your half-moon Oreo toppers. Split 6 Oreos in half, then use a sharp knife to cut a moon shape out of the cream. Scrape the excess cream that’s left behind on the Oreo (leaving the moon shape intact).
Place the remaining 20 Oreos in a food processor and lightly crush. (You can also use a ziploc bag and rolling pin).
Next, mix the Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Spoon equal amounts of the chocolate yogurt mixture into your parfait glasses. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the crushed Oreos on top. Continue until you have an additional layer of each type.
Cover and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. (These are best when chilled for at least 30 minutes before eating.)
Lastly, decorate with the half-moon Oreos and other desired toppings on the Oreo “dirt”. Then, serve!
Don’t forget the spoons! 😉
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! They’re best enjoyed the same day they’re made, since the Oreos can get soggy over time. But they will still taste delicious for 2-3 days after they’re made.
I recommend waiting to add the toppings until just before you’re ready to serve (gummy worms will harden in the fridge).
What size parfait glasses should I use?
I used 4-oz dessert jars here, and the recipe filled 6 jars. Here are similar 5-oz parfait glasses (they are slightly larger, so they won’t be quite as full if you make 6 parfaits). If you need to use plastic/disposable cups, try these 4-oz plastic dessert cups.
If using shallower but wider glasses, you may want to stick to just one layer of the yogurt mixture and one layer of the crushed Oreo “dirt” on top. Each layer will just have more volume!
Halloween Dirt Cup Topping Ideas
Here are some more spooky topping ideas for these Oreo dirt cups:
You can also switch up the recipe itself however you like! Feel free to leave out the cocoa powder for a vanilla-flavored yogurt layer. Or, drizzle brewed coffee over the middle layer of crushed Oreos for a more adult, somewhat tiramisu-flavored parfait.
These are the perfect Halloween dessert for parties, or for staying at home passing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Either way, they’re sure to be a hit!
In the spirit of Halloween, what’s your favorite fun spooky movie? I rewatch Hocus Pocus every year – such a classic. You can’t go wrong with Casper or The Nightmare Before Christmas, either. 🙂
If you make these Halloween Oreo dirt cups, I’d love if you shared your thoughts with a rating and comment below.
More dessert parfaits to try:
- Nutella Tiramisu Jars (Nutellamisu)
- Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake Cups
- Biscoff Tiramisu Cups with Yogurt
- Lemon Curd Parfaits with Berries
- Chocolate Yogurt Parfaits with Raspberries
Halloween Oreo Dirt Cups
- 26 Oreos (crush 20, save 6 for decoration)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- additional toppings (candy pumpkins, gummy worms, etc.)
- Carefully split 6 Oreos in half, making sure all the cream stays on one side. Use a sharp knife to slice a half-moon shape out of the cream. Scrape excess cream from the cookie so just the moon shape remains. Set aside.
- Roughly crush the remaining 20 Oreos (either in a food processor, or with a ziploc bag and rolling pin). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until fully combined.
- Spoon equal amounts of the yogurt mixture into small parfait glasses. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the crushed Oreos on top. Continue adding layers until there are two layers of each type per glass, ending with the crushed Oreos on top.
- Cover parfait glasses and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, decorate with the half-moon Oreos and other desired toppings (mellowcreme pumpkins, gummy worms, etc.). Then, enjoy!