No bake chocolate avocado bars are the perfect healthier treat to keep stocked in your fridge! They have a rich, chocolatey flavor and a fudge-like consistency (plus a buttery graham cracker crust), but are miraculously low in sugar. The avocado even makes them somewhat nutritious!
They don’t need any baking or special equipment, and they come together super quickly. Plus, you only need four essential ingredients to make them. A simple, easy snack that’s perfect for chocolate lovers!
No Bake Chocolate Fudge Bars with Graham Cracker Crust
If you’re anything like me, you crave chocolate multiple times a day. These bars are a fabulous little pick-me-up (and they’re much better for you than a sugar-loaded candy bar)!
I used dark chocolate here for a deep, chocolatey flavor, but you can use semisweet or even milk chocolate if you want sweeter bars.
You can also add a little honey or maple syrup when stirring the melted chocolate avocado mixture. (Just be sure it’s at room temperature so the chocolate doesn’t seize up).
For another fudgy chocolate and avocado combo, try my chocolate avocado truffles, too!
Here are a few notes on the ingredients in these chocolate avocado bars:
- Ripe avocados should be mostly firm, but with a slight give to them when squeezed. If they’re too soft, then they’re overripe and won’t taste right.
- Use dark chocolate for less-sweet bars, use milk chocolate if you want them on the sweeter side, or use semisweet chocolate for a nice balance.
- Graham crackers and melted butter make up the simple no bake crust. It compliments the fudge layer really well. You can use melted coconut oil in place of butter if desired! Feel free to use your favorite brand of graham crackers – I like honey-flavored.
- Vanilla extract and a pinch of salt help balance the flavors, but you can leave them out if needed. I highly recommend using pure vanilla extract (not imitation vanilla) – it has a much more natural flavor.
How to Make Avocado Bars
To make these bars, start by crushing the graham crackers into very fine crumbs (either using a food processor or a Ziploc bag and a rolling pin).
Next, melt butter in the microwave. (I always do it on half power to avoid any splattering!)
Stir together the crushed graham crackers and melted butter until fully combined. Then, press into an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch square pan. (I highly recommend lining it with parchment paper first – that makes the bars easier to remove!)
Place the crust in the fridge to chill while you make the filling. (This helps it set.)
Then, mash room temperature avocados in a bowl with a potato masher or fork. Add vanilla extract and salt, then stir again.
In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bar) in the microwave. Pour the melted chocolate into the mashed avocado mixture and stir to combine.
Working quickly (before the chocolate mixture starts to cool and set), spoon the mixture onto the chilled graham cracker crust.
Use a spatula to smooth it out on top. (If adding chopped nuts or shredded coconut, sprinkle them on top here!)
Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 20 minutes, or until fully set.
Then, use the parchment paper flaps to lift the bars from the pan. Slice into even bars with a large, sharp knife.
To store, cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap, or transfer bars to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Why You’ll Love These Bars
- lower in sugar
- easy and quick to make
- no baking
- just 4 essential ingredients
- perfect for chocolate lovers
Avocado Fudge Bars Topping Ideas
Want to put a fun spin on these bars? Add a topping! Here are some ideas:
- Greek yogurt mixed with a little maple syrup
- chopped nuts (sprinkle on top before chilling, or stir into mixture before spooning it over the crust)
- shredded coconut
- chopped or sliced fruit
- fresh berries or jam
- whipped cream or frosting (for a more decadent dessert)
- peanut butter or almond butter drizzle
I love having simple treats like this ready in the fridge for whenever the snack craving strikes. I hope these make your day a little brighter, too!
If you make these chocolate avocado bars, I’d love if you shared your thoughts with a rating and comment below.
More no bake treats to try:
- Biscoff Brownie Truffles (No Bake)
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Healthy Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Funfetti Birthday Cake Truffles (No Bake)
- No Bake Nutella Cookies
Chocolate Avocado Bars (No Bake)
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter*
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bars**)
- 2 small avocados (or 1.5 large avocados***, at room temperature)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Finely crush graham crackers with a food processor (or a zippable bag and a rolling pin).
- Melt butter in the microwave at 50% power. Combine crushed graham crackers and melted butter.
- Line an 8x8in or 9x9in square pan with parchment paper. Tightly press the graham cracker mixture into the pan with the back of a measuring cup. Place in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
- Mash avocados in a bowl with a potato masher or fork. Add vanilla extract and salt, then stir again.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval. Pour the melted chocolate into the mashed avocado mixture and stir to combine.
- Working quickly, spoon the mixture onto the chilled graham cracker crust. Use a spatula to smooth it out on top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 20 minutes. Once set, lift from the pan using the parchment paper flaps. Slice into even bars with a large, sharp knife.